Top-10 SHP downloads of 2020
Find out what have been the most popular pieces of downloadable content this year, and catch up on any that you might have missed.
1. SHP health & safety legislation update eBook
Published in October, this resource covered the latest coronavirus legislation, Brexit, Grenfell, Fire Safety Bill, Building Safety Bill, environment and much more…
The coronavirus pandemic brought unprecedented challenges for people, businesses and societies worldwide. Recently imposed restrictions to daily life have forced us to quickly adopt different ways of working, learning and connecting with each other.
As more workplaces re-open across the UK, one of the most important steps for businesses to take is to carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment to ensure the health and safety of workers, customers and visitors. It is vital that employers can confidently manage and reduce the risk of infection from COVID-19, and indeed the transmission of the virus. A comprehensive COVID-19 risk assessment will go a long way in reassuring anxious employees about their safety and health when returning to the workplace.
2. Home working: A Barbour guide
This guide includes:
- Legal requirements;
- Benefits of working from home;
- Successful working from home;
- Pitfalls of working from home;
- Managing home workers;
- Arrangements for securing health & safety at home;
3. Driver safety eBook
This eBook includes:
- The danger of the roads;
- Comparing road safety in the UK to the rest of Europe;
- Decreasing risk: Avoiding accidents;
- Road safety best practice;
- What is fleet risk?
- Managing work-related road safety.
4. COVID-19 construction site risk assessment template
This assessment covers all activities in relation to construction work. It focuses on the required control measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
5. Hazardous substances legislation update eBook
- Key developments in hazardous substance management in 2018/19;
- The HSE’s focus areas for 2020;
- A review of the latest revisions to legislation and upcoming inspections;
- Guidance on what you need to do to prepare for Brexit;
- How to successfully deliver your COSHH strategy to ensure your workforce ‘Go Home Healthy’.
6. Barbour download: Guide to working at height
This guide contains:
- Duties of persons in control of work at height;
- Duties of persons undertaking work at height;
- General controls when working at height;
- Method statement for work at height;
- Selection of a means of access;
- Working platforms;
- Guardrails and toeboards;
- Mobile work platforms;
- Suspended access equipment;
- Personal suspension equipment
- and, Inspection of fall arrest equipment.
7. Return-To-Work: A template for a COVID-19 Business Preparedness Plan
This plan contains:
- Ceating a Return-to-Work Preparedness Plan;
- Your COVID-19 Preparedness Plan editable template;
- Screening and Policies for Employees Exhibiting COVID-19 Symptoms;
- Respiratory Etiquette: Cover your Cough or Sneeze;
- Social Distancing;
- Communications and Training;
- Useful Sources.
8. Business continuity: A Barbour guide
This guide contains:
- Legal Requirements;
- Business Impact Assessment;
- The Business Continuity Plan;
- Key Actions;
- Case studies;
- Further Information and References.
9. Growing safety engagement in your workplace
This guide contains:
- What is – and is not – engagement?
- Barriers to engagement;
- Growing employee engagement in health and safety;
- Using technology to drive engagement.
10. Statutory inspections during COVID-19 – Director’s briefing
The COVID-19 pandemic has introduced a range of challenges for businesses with many restrictions on normal operations. This may include difficulty of getting support from contractors in carrying out statutory inspections, examinations and test of plant and equipment or the need to close premises.
Click here for more downloadable content and webinars from SHP.
Health and safety books
Access an extensive range of Taylor & Francis published resources, so you can learn more about how to create a safe and healthy work environment with SHP' exclusive health & safety bookshop.
These books cover the latest health and safety knowledge, best practice, and important moral, legal, and financial issues pertaining to a safety manager’s job.