Driver safety eBook
Driving for work is the most dangerous activity most employees ever undertake, making driver safety a vital consideration for businesses. Employees who drive on business are more likely to be killed at work than those employed as deep sea divers or coal miners.
There are hundreds of thousands of injuries on the roads every year and literally millions of collisions that result in expensive damage to vehicles and property. According to figures from the Department for Transport (DfT), around a third of all road traffic incidents may involve somebody who was driving as part of their work at the time and almost all are avoidable.
Driving for Better Business is a Highways England campaign, supported by the Government and a broad range of other organisations such as the Health and Safety Executive, to raise awareness of the importance of work related road safety in the business community and public sector, by using advocates drawn from these communities to promote the business benefits of managing it effectively.
This eBook from Driving for Better Business and SHP looks at:
- The danger of the roads;
- Comparing road safety in the UK to the rest of Europe;
- Decreasing risk: Avoiding accidents;
- Road safety best practice;
- What is fleet risk?
- Managing work-related road safety.
Adopt best practice at Safety & Health Expo 2019
18-20 June, ExCeL London – register for your free ticket today
- Improve the wellbeing of your workforce at the brand-new Workplace Wellbeing Show
- Attend sessions on driver safety and strategies for reducing accidents at the Operational Excellence Theatre
- Discover strategies for lone worker safety at the brand-new Safety Technology Zone
Secure your free ticket to Safety & Health Expo 2019 >>