To drive innovation in the health and safety sector, Arco, the safety products and professional safety services provider, is launching the Arco Innovation Award in a bid to help solve longstanding health and safety challenges facing the industry.
Looking to bring innovative and disruptive solutions to market faster, the Arco Innovation Award is open to progressive start-ups offering forward-thinking solutions applicable to the health and safety market.
A specialist agency will identify 36 start-ups who will go through a detailed assessment and be scored on their ability to execute their plan, their market positioning, commercial trend, technology and execution and their market appetite for the solution put forward. The shortlisted finalists will present their innovations to a carefully selected panel of judges.
The finalists were split into categories and SHP published full detauils on each. See the first batch, in the Software & AI solutions and AR, VR & MR categories, here. Click here to view the second batch of finalists, in the ergonomics and wearable technology categories. Click here to view the final batch, in the Robots and Cobots, Drones and Proximity Detection categories.
- Nxtbase – An assisted reality solution platform that allows production, logistics and services to be voice controlled and visually guided through wearables.
- MotionMiners – an automated analytics tool for manual logistics processes. It collects data about worker ergonomics, then uses this data to analyse manual work processes.
- Sonodot – An indoor location-tracking system for assets and workers in warehouses. It develops ultrasound sensors for the real-time tracking of people and assets.
- Terracom – Software to manage security personnel that enables clients to visualise, analyse and monitor all security operations (QR-Patrol).
- Wandelbots – A wearable sensor-laden suit that a person can wear to demonstrate actions for a robot to replicate.
Each of the ‘final five’ will pitch thier innovations to the panel in London on January 22, before the readers of SHP and the panel vote to decide the winner.
As part of the launch, SHP visited Arco’s Headquarters in Hull to sit down with Director of Marketing, Adam Young. In this short video, Adam talks about the competition and explains how it will work.
Adam Young said: “Innovative solutions are already making a huge difference to various sectors but are yet to find a niche within the Health and Safety industry. The ‘Arco Innovation Award’ is a brand new initiative looking to reward start-ups who are forward thinking in their approach to safety, health and wellbeing solutions. This is a fantastic platform to enable start-ups to scale-up and get a route to market quickly, while also enabling our customers to find the right solution more easily.”