Upcoming webinar on supporting single parents who juggle work and family
The latest webinar from Women in Health and Safety (WIHS) will take place on 7 November with a focus on work-family life and parental care. SHP hears more from WIHS below…
In the UK there are around 1.8m single parents (making up nearly a quarter of families with dependent children) in addition to those parents who are within a co-parenting arrangement, but who still do a disproportionate amount of the day-to-day childcare.
Juggling work and family life Is difficult for all working parents, but for employees heading single parent households, striking a balance is even more challenging.
In this webinar we will not only consider strategies for single parents to help with the work/family juggle, but also look at how managers and employers can offer better support and indeed why it is to their benefit to do so. This webinar will be moderated by Heather Beach, Founder of Women in Health and Safety and single parent.
Panel of speakers:
- Charlotte Jarrett Badman, a career coach with over 20 years’ experience and a particular interest in helping parents to succeed professionally
- Crystal Danbury, Director of Group Safety and Insurance at Sainsbury’s
- Olivia Tusler, Regulatory Health and Safety Solicitor at Kennedys
Together we will consider issues such as:
- Growing your personal brand and the challenge of networking as a single parent
- Maintaining the boundary between personal and professional
- Strategies for communication around childcare commitments
- Things to consider when you have single parents in your team
- How employers can offer support
This webinar will take place on Monday 7 November at 12:00pm (GMT), to register or for more information, click here.
Find upcoming live, interactive webinars plus on-demand sessions to watch back at your convenience.
SHP runs regular health and safety webinars on a wide range of topics, from high level thought leadership, to legislation updates and technical guidance.
Click below to see what’s coming up and what you can watch right now...