Tall Building Fire Safety Conference
Sixth International Tall Building Fire Safety Conference will focus on innovation, drones, fire science and more
As the international fire industry comes to terms with the serious tall building fires that have occurred in recent times, there is a need to consider how we can improve and enhance the current processes and equipment used for tall building fire safety and firefighting.
The 6th International Tall Building Fire Safety Conference will take place on 18–20 June 2019 at Excel, London as part of the FIREX International Exhibition, which runs alongside Safety & Health Expo 2019.
- Day 1: Fire Engineering, Fire Testing, Fire Science in Tall Buildings;
- Day 2: Fire Risk Management, Insurance, Construction in Tall Buildings;
- Day 3: Firefighting in Tall Buildings.
The conference will seek to answer the following questions posed by the Industry Worldwide:
- What does a ‘fit for purpose’ testing regime for tall building facades look like?
- In connection with above, what does combustibility and non-combustible mean?
- Is tall timber a good idea?
- What is the latest thinking in computer modelling of tall building fires?
- How should drones be best used for fire risk management in tall buildings?
- What is best practice in tall building construction fire safety management?
- How should fire-related aspects of insurance cover of tall buildings be calculated?
- How should drones be best used for firefighting in tall buildings?
- What do world-class tall building firefighting procedures look like?
- What are the latest innovations in tall building fire safety?
With early bird rates available, anybody interested in attending is advised to book now as space will be limited. Speakers from Russia, Germany, US and Australia are already confirmed for the conference:
Conference Director Russ Timpson commented: “2018 was our best conference to date with 32 countries attending the conference, along with 28 of the UK fire and rescue services. As an industry, we must get to the bottom of the fire testing debate and provide a reliable standard for the construction industry.
“Drones and new technology have a major role to play and we want the conference to be the place where new innovations can be showcased.”
Said Rachel Eaton, Brand Manager, FIREX International: “We are delighted to be supporting & having The Tall Buildings Conference running alongside FIREX International for its fourth year.”
Find out more about FIREX 2019.
There is no general legal requirement for sprinkler systems to be installed in a place of work but there may be circumstances where sprinklers are required.
This guide provides an overview of the need-to-know information for sprinklers and covers:
- The legal requirements
- More information about sprinkler systems
- Key actions
- Key terms
- And more