NEBOSH launches alumni network to aid CPD
An alumni association for NEBOSH Diploma holders has been launched by the examination board.
The aim of the alumni association is to encourage continuing professional development, extensive networking with peers, an aid to advance careers and to stay ahead with the latest health and safety thinking.
The programme of events specifically for Alumni members was kick started by an inaugural CPD event held in November 2016 featuring a presentation from Professor Tim Marsh, a world authority on behavioural safety.
The event, attended by 70 NEBOSH alumni, gave members an opportunity to network with HSE professionals from other sectors as well as enjoying the lively, interactive presentation which covered the practicalities of implementing behavioural safety programmes.
The NEBOSH alumni package features:
- tailored CPD events
- a biannual journal examining the latest health and safety research
- online and face-to-face networking opportunities
- access to an information portal with health and safety content and expert articles.
In addition, the alumni members are given the opportunity to participate in consulatations to help shape the future of NEBOSH qualifications.
The alumni group has so far attracted over 1,100 members, but all NEBOSH Diploma holders globally – of which they are over 17,000 – are entitled to join the network free of charge.
Barry Wilkes, NEBOSH Director of Strategy commented: “A NEBOSH Diploma is a clear sign that someone has attained a standard both colleagues and employers respect and recognise.
“Those who have the Diploma are part of a special global group of health and safety professionals. They’ve worked incredibly hard and we want to ensure that their efforts and status are properly recognised which is why we have created the Alumni.
“It is a way for this highly skilled and experienced group to continue to develop their knowledge, learn from each other, share ideas and forge international connections – making them even more valuable to the organisations they work for.”
In time, NEBOSH plans to add further features to the Alumni, including careers advice, shaping the future of NEBOSH qualifications and further CPD events.
NEBOSH Diploma holders – both past and present – can register for free here.
SHP’s latest legislation eBook covers recognition of mental health issues in the workplace, the reclassification of mild welding fume as a human carcinogen, new manslaughter definitive guidelines, PPE, Brexit, drone safety regulations and much more…
- Recognition of Mental Health Issues in the Workplace
- Reclassification of Mild Welding Fume as a Human Carcinogen
- Sentencing Council Published New Manslaughter Definitive Guidelines
- Larger firms face biggest fine increases: Sentencing Council impact assessment shows
- Bouncy Castles and Other Play Inflatables: Safety Advice
- Revision of Standards for Powered Doors, Gates and Barriers
- Modern Slavery Act Review
- Drone Safety Regulations
- Health and Safety (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018
- Ionising Radiation
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Diving) Regulations 2018 (Ireland)
- Environment and Energy
- and much more…