Wellbeing quiz: Do you have a good work-life balance?
Getting the balance right between work and family time can be difficult.
Long work hours, colleague expectations and the desire to progress can all have a detrimental effect on an employee’s health and wellbeing. However getting the balance right can lead to an increase in productivity, motivation to succeed, better workplace cultures and a happier family lifestyle.
To help employees find out whether they should reassess their work-life balance, AXA PPP healthcare have built this simple visual quiz.
If you find out you might be suffering from an out-of-kilter work-life balance, these practical steps by Psychological Health expert Eugene Farrell will help you get back on track:
- Prioritise work tasks rigidly and stick to doing the most important first.
- Schedule work into the day in time slots as you would with meeting appointments and work to that time.
- Take regular breaks, get up every hour and walk. Go and get some water or a drink and return to your work refreshed.
- Ensure you take a proper lunch break away from your desk where you can eat and drink.
- Take all of your annual leave each year, with a least one full week, and preferably disconnect from work once a quarter.
- Use out of office message and a nominated cover when you are away from work so that you don’t have to check emails all the time.
- Understand your limitations of work that you can successfully and reasonably achieve.
- If you feel uneasy about saying no to more work from your manager then negotiate taking on the work whilst delaying something else.
- Being fit for work is as important as work – get good sleep, eat healthily, exercise, spend time with family and friends.
- If you are a leader of people, set the example and send the right message.
For more tips and guidance on achieving a work-life balance, visit AXA PPP healthcare’s Work Life Balance portal.
Safety and Health Expo will return to London ExCel on the 20-22 June 2017, offering you a collection of top health and safety solutions from 300+ UK and international suppliers and CPD accredited seminars covering the latest legislation's and guidance updates.
Secure your badge today to join all key health and safety associations, manufacturers, distributors and industry leaders...