Wellbeing quiz: Do you have a good work-life balance?
Getting the balance right between work and family time can be difficult.
Long work hours, colleague expectations and the desire to progress can all have a detrimental effect on an employee’s health and wellbeing. However getting the balance right can lead to an increase in productivity, motivation to succeed, better workplace cultures and a happier family lifestyle.
To help employees find out whether they should reassess their work-life balance, AXA PPP healthcare have built this simple visual quiz.
If you find out you might be suffering from an out-of-kilter work-life balance, these practical steps by Psychological Health expert Eugene Farrell will help you get back on track:
- Prioritise work tasks rigidly and stick to doing the most important first.
- Schedule work into the day in time slots as you would with meeting appointments and work to that time.
- Take regular breaks, get up every hour and walk. Go and get some water or a drink and return to your work refreshed.
- Ensure you take a proper lunch break away from your desk where you can eat and drink.
- Take all of your annual leave each year, with a least one full week, and preferably disconnect from work once a quarter.
- Use out of office message and a nominated cover when you are away from work so that you don’t have to check emails all the time.
- Understand your limitations of work that you can successfully and reasonably achieve.
- If you feel uneasy about saying no to more work from your manager then negotiate taking on the work whilst delaying something else.
- Being fit for work is as important as work – get good sleep, eat healthily, exercise, spend time with family and friends.
- If you are a leader of people, set the example and send the right message.
For more tips and guidance on achieving a work-life balance, visit AXA PPP healthcare’s Work Life Balance portal.
Safety and Health Expo will return to London ExCel on the 20-22 June 2017, showcasing a collection of top health and safety solutions from 300+ UK and international suppliers. Industry professionals will be able to source a range of behavioural safety, risk management, training and occupational health products and services.
Safety & Health Expo will feature a lively PPE and professional clothing Fashion show and will play host to a number of industry awards ceremonies and exclusive networking events.
Register for Safety and Health Expo 2017 today by clicking here…