MP calls for written submissions to working at height inquiry
Alison Thewliss, the chair of the all-party parliamentary group (APPG) on working at height has ‘urged’ businesses to engage with the inquiry ahead of the deadline for responses next month.
Thewliss told SHP that the APPG had been ‘delighted’ with the initial responses that it had received so far.
She said: “There is a clear acknowledgement that even one death or serious injury resulting from a fall from height is too many.
“This report and the ongoing work of the APPG will provide workable recommendations to ensure everyone working at height can return home safely, highlighting the best practice from all industries.
“With just a few weeks until 02 March, the closing date for written submissions, I would urge any businesses involved in working at height to engage with the inquiry”.
The timeframe for the APPG are:
- 2nd March 2018: Deadline for written evidence submissions
- Week Commencing 26th March 2018: Oral evidence session in Parliament
- Week Commencing 14th May 2018: Publication of the report and evidence submitted to government and Health and Safety Executive
How to submit
There are a number of ways in which to submit evidence:
Working at Height APPG
32-34 Great Peter Street
By email: [email protected]
Visit online: https://workingatheight.info
SHP’s latest legislation eBook covers recognition of mental health issues in the workplace, the reclassification of mild welding fume as a human carcinogen, new manslaughter definitive guidelines, PPE, Brexit, drone safety regulations and much more…
- Recognition of Mental Health Issues in the Workplace
- Reclassification of Mild Welding Fume as a Human Carcinogen
- Sentencing Council Published New Manslaughter Definitive Guidelines
- Larger firms face biggest fine increases: Sentencing Council impact assessment shows
- Bouncy Castles and Other Play Inflatables: Safety Advice
- Revision of Standards for Powered Doors, Gates and Barriers
- Modern Slavery Act Review
- Drone Safety Regulations
- Health and Safety (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018
- Ionising Radiation
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Diving) Regulations 2018 (Ireland)
- Environment and Energy
- and much more…