Top 10 health & safety prosecutions of 2019
2019 saw some huge fines for the likes of Chevron, who were fined £5m, DHL, Celsa, Hampshire Country Council, 2 Sisters Food, Clancy Docwra and Veolia.
Watch a summary of SHP’s most-read fines and prosecution stories below.
For more details on the stories featured in this video…
- Chevron fined £5m for refinery explosion.
- Rail freight company fined £2.7m after boy was electrocuted.
- DHL fined £2.6m after worker crushed to death.
- Celsa fined £1.8m after steelworks blast killed two men.
- Karro Foods fined £1.8m after fall from height.
- Two firms fined over £1.5m after child killed in lift.
- Hampshire County Council fined £1.4m after six-year-old girl sustains serious head injury.
- 2 Sisters Food fined £1.4million after worker crushed.
- Clancy Docwra fined £1m after worker killed.
- Veolia fined £1m after reversing vehicle death.
Click here for the latest fines and prosecution stories.
Introducing the all-new Safety & Health Podcast
Exclusive interviews, the very latest news and reports from the health and safety frontline and in-depth examinations of the biggest issues facing the profession today: you'll find all that and more in the brand-new Safety & Health Podcast from SHP.
Find us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts today.