The Road to Wellbeing eBook
Featuring thought leadership articles from a broad range of experts, The Road to Wellbeing looks at overcoming macho culture, self-reliance, dealing with life-changing obstacles and battles with mental health.
The profession has often focused primarily on safety over health, but this eBook highlights the value of focussing on wellbeing and the benefits to both workers and businesses. Covering:
- Opinions: How to address mental health in the workplace
- Spotting the difference between a bully & fear-motivated behaviour
- Macho culture negatively impacts health and safety
- Are lunch-breaks important for staff health?
- How to reduce stress and strengthen the resilience of lone workers
- Safety & Health Expo: Key lessons from the Lone Worker Theatre
- Director offers harrowing insight into workplace death
- Risk assessment – What are you doing wrong?
- Professionals must have ‘soft’ skills set, panel claims
- Tackling work-related health and not just safety hazards
- Dame Kelly Holmes captivates the crowds at Safety & Health Expo 2017
- Brian Cox draws Safety & Health Expo’s biggest ever keynote audience
- Simon Weston: “It’s all about self-belief.”
The eBook also recaps keynote speeches from Safety & Health Expo 2017, with inspirational speakers shedding light on moving, personal experiences, and connecting their stories’ to the larger world of wellbeing. Dame Kelly Holmes spoke of her battle with mental health issues, Professor Brian Cox raised questions about human resilience and Simon Weston CBE brought his audience close to tears in discussing the significance of self-belief.
Beyond being case-by-case examples from courageous individuals, these singular lessons can be applied to whole organisational cultures. Discover the practical steps you can take to cultivate an environment of wellbeing and listen to the latest conversations around health and safety.
Get your free copy by filling out the form opposite.