safety & health expo
Speakers needed for new safety technology programme
Safety & Health Expo is looking for speakers in a brand new area dedicated to technology. This Safety Technology Zone will feature a content theatre and speaker applications are now open.
The Safety Technology Zone will open each day of the event, from 18th – 20th June, at ExCel London. And below are the different formats speakers can participate in.
Options for speakers
- Educational talks – 20-30 minutes per presentation. Detailed presentations on new technologies. Or case studies on the use of technology in health and safety.
- Innovation hour – 10 minutes per presentation. A series of short ‘elevator’ pitches on innovations. Topics will include artificial intelligence, lone worker protection, wearable technology, virtual reality and drones. Presentations will be grouped so that delegates can hear several presentations on the theme that they are interested in.
- What’s hot, what’s not, what’s next? – 3 minutes per presentation. Share opinions on technology trends in health and safety in a light-hearted format. Join a panel and you will have one minute to answer each of the three questions – ‘what’s hot, what’s not, what’s next?’. At the end, delegates will vote for who they think was most convincing.
- Product demo’s – 10-15 minutes per presentation. For established tech suppliers, either already active in health and safety or with a product that could benefit the profession. They will have space to give a demonstration. They will also have access to monitors to present their solutions.
- Start-ups Dragon’s Den – 10 minutes per presentation. This format is for innovators just starting out. It will be a chance to pitch ideas to a panel of experienced health and safety professionals.
If you would like to apply to speak in the Safety Technology Zone complete the submission form here. You will need to complete your submission by Friday 16th November.
Why the Safety Technology Zone?
The Safety Technology Zone is part of a live showcase of SHP Online’s New Safety and Health campaign. The campaign champions the values that exemplify the modern health and safety practitioner. New Safety and Health is made up of the following ‘pillars’.
- Disruptive – Embracing new approaches and technologies.
- Holistic – Caring for both physical and mental health.
- Innovative – Finding creative solutions to problems.
- Inclusive – Celebrating diversity of views and individuals.
- Business Leadership – Driving cultural change from the frontline to the boardroom.
Each of these ‘pillars’ will be showcased at Safety & Health Expo 2019, with ‘Disruptive’ taking the form of the Safety Technology Zone, looking at the application of technology in health and safety.
The rest of the programme
Applications for other parts of the Safety & Health Expo content programme will open later this year. For more information contact [email protected]
Get Your Free Ticket to Jonny Wilkinson's Talk at Safety & Health Expo 2019
Arguably one of the best-known rugby players in the world, Jonny Wilkinson CBE famously kicked the drop goal that won England the 2003 World Cup with just seconds left in the final. Much of Jonny’s success on the field, however, took its psychological toll. Jonny has dealt with depression, anxiety and panic attacks. In his honest, unguarded speech, entitled ‘Success on the field and mental health: a personal account of understanding what matters’, Jonny will recount how his focus and dedication to the sport he loves meant overlooking important parts of his life.