Tuffnells creates new campaign to promote safety for drivers
A new health and safety campaign ‘Think Safety First’, created by specialist parcel carrier, Tuffnells, aims to improve the health and safety of its drivers and employees.
The campaign’s strategy is to make new safety measures by introducing a fleet of 14 network trailers with additional safety features. These features include, cargo nets, which have been installed for protection against falling packages and parcels, and vehicle cameras. They have all been installed across 37 depots.
Tuffnells Health and Safety Director, Gary Fox emphasised that safety is something the company takes seriously, “through this campaign we want to ensure safety is something that is front of mind for all colleagues.
“Safety is not just about protecting our drivers, which is something we take very seriously, but it’s also about taking care with parcels and freight, which is why many of our vehicles are now equipped with cargo safety nets designed to stop parcels from falling and moving in transit,” he added.
Other launches from Tuffnells to improve safety include:
- A range of new Linde counterbalance forklifts and Linde P250 tugs, which allows more heavyweight freight to be moved safely around depots.
- Retro-fittings on all its older vehicles with dash-cams. Which gives its drivers safety assurance and protection in the event of an incident.
Gary commented on the dash-cam saying that “the retrofit dash-cam program is a really important part of the campaign as it helps to enhance our entire fleet. The dash-cam innovation helps make relevant changes to procedures to avoid reoccurring incidents in the future”.
With employees who drive for business more likely to be killed at work than deep sea divers or coal miners, driver safety is a vital business consideration.
Download this eBook from Driving for Better Business and SHP to cover:
- The danger of the roads;
- Comparing road safety in the UK to the rest of Europe;
- Decreasing risk: Avoiding accidents;
- Road safety best practice;
- What is fleet risk?
- Managing work-related road safety.