Real-time dust monitor launched
Trolex has launched a real-time dust monitor – the Air XD – which can monitor multiple sizes of dust particles at once.
The Manchester-based technology firm claims the new device will significantly improve the accuracy of data being collected and workforce safety in hazardous environments.
According to Trolex, most dust monitors can only measure one particulate size at a time, but the Air XD uses highly-advanced laser technology to monitor multiple sizes at once.
“The monitoring of hazardous particles in the workplace is mostly self-regulated with reports being submitted to the Health and Safety Executive on an intermittent basis,” said Trolex Group Chief Executive, Glyn Jones.
“The real risk lies in the fact that those responsible for monitoring hazardous environments don’t have access to real-time accurate information. This vulnerability in the data potentially leaves workers exposed to hazardous particles that can cause illness later in life. In some cases, even death.”
As well as increasing safety, the Air XD can help improve productivity and provide cost savings within operations because they require less routine maintenance – removing the need for engineers to be sent onsite and lowering the overall cost of ownership.
The real-time application also allows companies to use live data to identify specific trends and peak levels of risk
“The Air X series will provide industrial organisations with a far better understanding of what is going on in their work environments. For the first time they can use live, accurate data to ensure safety standards remain at the highest levels at all times,” added Mr Jones.
SHP’s latest legislation eBook covers recognition of mental health issues in the workplace, the reclassification of mild welding fume as a human carcinogen, new manslaughter definitive guidelines, PPE, Brexit, drone safety regulations and much more…
- Recognition of Mental Health Issues in the Workplace
- Reclassification of Mild Welding Fume as a Human Carcinogen
- Sentencing Council Published New Manslaughter Definitive Guidelines
- Larger firms face biggest fine increases: Sentencing Council impact assessment shows
- Bouncy Castles and Other Play Inflatables: Safety Advice
- Revision of Standards for Powered Doors, Gates and Barriers
- Modern Slavery Act Review
- Drone Safety Regulations
- Health and Safety (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018
- Ionising Radiation
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Diving) Regulations 2018 (Ireland)
- Environment and Energy
- and much more…