Is your workplace among Britain’s healthiest?
Britain’s Healthiest Workplace is the UK’s most comprehensive workplace wellness study, and it is now open for registrations for 2017. The dual survey is completed by both employer and employees, offering both a top-down and bottom-up view of the nation’s health. Participating employers will gain a better understanding of the health risks affecting their employees, how these change over time, and their associated health and productivity impact. The research also looks at how organisations, through the workplace, can support their employees to be healthier and more productive, and provides recommendations for improvement.
Since its inception in 2013, over 400 companies and 100,000 employees have taken part in the study with previous winners including organisations such as Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, Adidas UK, Quintiles and Nomura.
Last year’s winners
In 2016 the healthiest workplace titles went to Forster Communications (in the Small company 20 – 249 employees category), Adidas UK (for the Medium 250 – 999 employees category), and Nomura Intenational Plc (in the Large 1,000+ employees category).
The healthiest employees came from Forster Communications (Small) Sweaty Betty (Medium) and Nomura International PLC (Large). Eversholt Rail (UK), Adidas UK and GSK won the top spot for healthiest employers.
Commissioned by health insurer VitalityHealth, RAND Europe in collaboration with the University of Cambridge sought to:
- Report on the prevalence of modifiable and other health risks among the large-scale study population including smoking, alcohol consumption, physical activity and nutrition, as well as mental health conditions.
- Identify determinants of workplace productivity loss due to sickness absence or presenteeism—that is, being at work but not functioning at a normal level due to sickness or medical conditions—with special focus on a set of health risks.
- Identify recommendations to help businesses improve the effectiveness of their current health and wellbeing interventions.
How to register for 2017
Britain’s Healthiest Workplace aims to help your organisation:
- Understand the health and wellbeing profile of your employees across a number of dimensions, such as lfestyle behaviours, clinical indicators, mental wellbeing, and workplace stress.
- Establish attitudes to health, and motivation to change, amongst your employees.
- Understand the extent to which your existing wellness facilities are being used, and their overall effectiveness in improving employee health.
- Provide benchmarking against other participating organisations.
- Establish best practice solutions to inform future HR strategies.
Britain’s Healthiest Workplace is available to all companies with 20 or more employees, and participation is free of charge.
To register, click here.
For more information visit:
What makes us susceptible to burnout?
In this episode of the Safety & Health Podcast, ‘Burnout, stress and being human’, Heather Beach is joined by Stacy Thomson to discuss burnout, perfectionism and how to deal with burnout as an individual, as management and as an organisation.
We provide an insight on how to tackle burnout and why mental health is such a taboo subject, particularly in the workplace.