Workplace Eye Care
Communication of eye care policies and the link to employee awareness
The most popular method for communicating an eye care policy is currently still in the staff welcome pack – the method used by 47% of employers, according to research by Specsavers Corporate Eyecare. But how does this tie in to employee awareness and what are the messages for employee benefits professionals?
Even in today’s technology-driven workplace, only 43% of employers use the intranet to communicate their eye care policy, and 35% send emails. Opting for more traditional methods, 32% put written information on notice boards and 29% make use of posters.
The research goes on to show that only 57% of HR decision makers believe ALL staff are aware of their eyecare policy, and 40% believe most staff are aware of their policy.
An analysis of the two results gives Employee Benefits professionals a good understanding of what works when communicating eye care benefits:
- 65% of businesses that communicate via their staff welcome pack say all of their staff are aware of their eye care policy.
- 64% of businesses that communicate via their staff intranet say all of their staff are aware of their eye care policy
- 60% of businesses that communicate with written information on noticeboards say all of their staff are aware of their eye care policy
- 60% of businesses that communicate via emails say all of their staff are aware of their eye care policy
- 57% of businesses that communicate with posters say all of their staff are aware of their eye care policy
Jim Lythgow, Director of Strategic Alliances at Specsavers Corporate Eyecare, said: “The clear message is that communication makes a difference. Businesses that communicate their eye care policy will get the best value from it. Eye care can help towards improved health and wellbeing in the workplace, which in turns supports productivity and boosts morale. For the business to benefit, however, the employees need to be aware of the eye care available and the positive impact it can have on their health.”
Coronavirus advice for employers
This hub page complies all the latest government coronavirus updates. It includes what you can and cannot do in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, workplace advice from multiple sources, including information on welcoming staff back to the workplace and the latest vaccination information.
It also contains a host of useful external links and resources to find further information.