HSE releases annual report and accounts 2019 to 2020
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) annual report and accounts summarises HSE’s performance during 2019 to 2020, and other developments in the organisation.
The report details the key strategic themes as outlined in the HSE’s 2019/20 Business Plan, which were to:
- Lead and engage with others to improve workplace health and safety;
- Provide an effective regulatory framework;
- Secure effective management and control of risk;
- Reduce the likelihood of low-frequency, high-impact catastrophic incidents;
- Enable improvement through efficient and effective delivery.
The report provides a synopsis of the Executive’s performance against these themes.
- Enforcement action:
- Completed 355 prosecutions with a 95% success rate for convictions;
- Issued over 7000 notices including approximately: 5,000 notices for improvement, and 1,900 prohibition notices.
- Over 13,300 proactive inspections completed;
- Completed 75% of fatal investigations within 12 months of receiving primacy against a target of 80%;
- Completion of 86% of biocide product and 87% of plant protection product evaluations and authorisations within the required deadlines;
- Handled over 32 000 concerns about workplaces and activities.
The HSE annual report is available here.
Discover media and sponsorship opportunities
Get your hands on the all-new SHP media pack to discover the exciting opportunities available to you, from sponsorship and contributing articles, webinars and white papers, to advertising to over 700,000 annual visitors.
Find the solution that meets your brand's needs today, and download for free.