How to manufacture a positive health & safety culture
It is important that manufacturers not only prioritise health and safety for positive financial performance, but also from a moral and legal obligation perspective.
The UK manufacturing industry contributes significantly to the UK economy and is currently the ninth largest manufacturing nation in the world, employing 2.7 million people across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
However, the industry is full of health and safety hazards that make it challenging for businesses to effectively keep all 2.7 million employees safe and well. Following a recent survey to their manufacturing clients, Alcumus discovered that a lack of positive health and safety culture and ownership is one of the most significant challenges faced by those responsible for the protection of workers.
This guide from Alcumus discusses:
- The signs of a poor health and safety culture;
- Leading from the top down;
- Enabling a competent workforce;
- Protecting your workforce against work-related ill health;
- Removing a fear culture and promoting safety first with near miss reporting;
- How software can help manufacture a positive health and safety culture.
Simply fill in the form opposite to download the guide and find out more.