COVID-19 testing for staff after international travel
Government guidance sets out the steps employers must take to help their staff get tested for COVID-19 if they regularly travel across UK borders.
It has been updated to reflect latest testing rules.
Employees that are not fully vaccinated must understand that if they are travelling for work, on their arrival in England they will need to follow the appropriate testing regime for their job role.
If employees are fully vaccinated, they will not need to take a COVID-19 test before they travel to England or after they arrive.
Employers requiring staff to travel regularly across UK borders must:
- make sure any not fully vaccinated staff understand what COVID-19 tests they must take after international travel
- take reasonable steps to support them in taking these tests
Employers have a legal obligation to do this if:
- more than 50 people are employed
- any employees, including agency workers, follow the bespoke testing regime.
The full guidance can be found here.
This eBook will guide you through some of the key understandings you need to be able to manage driver safety effectively and, at the end, provide a series of free resources you can access to help you ensure your own driver safety management system is robust, legally compliant and in line with industry-accepted good practice.
Download this eBook from Driving for Better Business and SHP to cover:
- Why do we need to manage driver safety?
- Duty of care – a shared responsibility;
- Setting the rules with a driving for work policy;
- Managing driver safety;
- Ensuring safe vehicles;
- Safe journeys and fitness to drive;
- Record keeping;
- The business benefits of good practice;
- Additional resources