Health and safety experts to debate industry hot topics at Safety & Health Expo 2017
New for 2017, the SHP Debates will be taking place live in the Keynote Theatre (sponsored by Honeywell) on 20, 21st and 22nd of June.
The debates will cover issues such as building a safety culture, mental health, plugging the skills gap, sentencing guidelines and the impact of Brexit.
The mental health debate will include a special appearance from double Olympic gold medallist Dame Kelly Holmes, who will be sharing her experiences as someone who has coped with her own issues.
The full programme is below. Register here for your free ticket.
Debate 1: Different approaches to safety culture Tuesday 20th June, 10.30am
- Karl Simons, Head of Health, Safety, Security & Wellbeing, Thames Water
- Nick Bell, Managing Director, Nick Bell Risk Consultancy
- Paul Bizzell, Operations Director, RM OCAID
- John Green, HSE Director, Laing O’Rourke
- Steve Hails, Director of Health, Safety & Wellbeing, Tideway
- Ruth Gallagher, Safety Improvement Director, Heathrow
Debate 2: How to address mental health in the workplace and why it’s so important Tuesday 20th June, 12.40pm
- Karen McDonnell, Head of RoSPA Scotland
- Dame Kelly Holmes, Double Olympic Champion
- Dr Carolyn Yeoman, Principal Organisational Psychologist, HSL
- Dave Lee, Building Site to Boardroom
- Mary Lawrence, Partner, Osborne Clarke LLP
- Martin Coyd, Head of Health & Safety – Construction, Mace
Debate 3: Transforming health & safety: filling the skills gap Wednesday 21st June, 10.30am
- Ruth Denyer, Group Head of Health, Safety and Insurance Risk Management, ITV
- Anna Keen, Director, Acre
- Heather Beach, Founder and Managing Director, The Healthy Work Company
Debate 4: Impact of outsourced FM on Health & Safety Thursday 22nd June, 10.30am
- Dr Simon Joyston-Bechal, Solicitor, Director, Turnstone Law
- Clive Johnson, Group Head of Health, Safety and Security, Land Securities
Debate 5: Sentencing Guidelines Thursday 22nd June, 12.45pm
- Michael Appleby, Partner, Fisher Scoggins Waters
- Gary Rubin, Partner, Head of Regulatory Team, Blackfords LLP
- Helen Devery, Partner and Head of Health and Safety, BLM
Debate 6: Impact of Brexit on FM and OSH Thursday 22nd June, 14.45pm
- Jon Hughes, Associate Director, SHEQ North, Turner & Townsend
- Lyn Dario, Partner, Head of Environmental & Regulatory, Schulmans
- Paul Almond, Professor of Law, University of Reading
Don’t miss: SHP’s celebration of talent and diversity in health and safety
When we’re not busy debating, we are looking forward to meeting readers for an afternoon of thought-provoking talks, award presentations and networking to a background of drinks and a live band.
SHP will be taking over the Safety & Health Expo keynote arena for Wednesday 21st afternoon, and you are all invited.
Kicking off with SHP Women in Safety at 14.15 for a keynote address, we will then announce the winners of SHP Rising Star and Most Influential at 15.15.
The awards presentations will be followed by a prosecco-fuelled networking reception with music courtesy of The Diamond Boys.
To register for Safety & Health Expo click here.