NEBOSH and HSE launch new process safety management qualification
(Image: Teresa Budworth (left) and Karen Russ)
NEBOSH and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have joined forces to develop a brand new qualification for the process industries – the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management.
The certificate is designed for high hazard industries where process safety management is critically important.
It applies principles and best practice to manage process risks, helping to protect people and valuable assets.
NEBOSH Chief Executive Teresa Budworth, said: “Collaborating with the HSE allowed us to combine our ability to deliver strong, credible vocational occupational safety and health qualifications with HSE’s industry-leading knowledge and expertise.
“We piloted the qualification which attracted delegates from global organisations operating in oil and gas, chemicals, utilities and manufacturing industries. We are delighted that ninety four per cent of those who took part would recommend the qualification to a colleague and their employer.”
Combing our strengths
Karen Russ, science and commercial director at the HSE, said: “Working alongside NEBOSH on this qualification has been a pleasure and provides us with another opportunity to meet our mission.
“By combining our strengths, this qualification will help to significantly improve understanding and further reduce health and safety risks in the process industries worldwide.”
SHP’s latest legislation eBook covers recognition of mental health issues in the workplace, the reclassification of mild welding fume as a human carcinogen, new manslaughter definitive guidelines, PPE, Brexit, drone safety regulations and much more…
- Recognition of Mental Health Issues in the Workplace
- Reclassification of Mild Welding Fume as a Human Carcinogen
- Sentencing Council Published New Manslaughter Definitive Guidelines
- Larger firms face biggest fine increases: Sentencing Council impact assessment shows
- Bouncy Castles and Other Play Inflatables: Safety Advice
- Revision of Standards for Powered Doors, Gates and Barriers
- Modern Slavery Act Review
- Drone Safety Regulations
- Health and Safety (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018
- Ionising Radiation
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Diving) Regulations 2018 (Ireland)
- Environment and Energy
- and much more…