The Tall Buildings Fire Safety Conference, which typically runs alongside Safety & Health Expo at ExCeL London, is moving online. The Tall Buildings Fire Safety Network, in partnership with Informa Markets, has developed a unique opportunity to learn about key issues and trends from high-level international speakers on an accessible, online platform.
The virtual conference will take place across three days: Wednesday 30 September, Wednesday 7 October and Wednesday 14 October, and will coincide with the release of the Building Safety Bill coming into force in the UK, representing an exclusive opportunity to discuss major issues at the very forefront of the fire safety sector. As such, attendees will be able to enjoy timely and relevant content delivered by both UK and international experts, with a chance to quiz them on their knowledge and opinions via the digital platform’s Q&A feature.
It’s also a fantastic opportunity to network with your fellow professionals, boost your professional status with CPD hours from the IFE, and discover the very latest products and technologies. And if you miss out on anything, you’ll be able to watch on-demand catch-up videos and read relevant downloadable content.
Each day has a unique theme and a different conference chair drawn from the highest level of the fire safety profession:
Wednesday 30 September – Crisis Management in Tall Buildings Conference
- This session considers pandemic, drones and terrorism;
- It will be chaired by Andy Baker, QPM, LLB (Hons), AKC and will include preeminent speakers, case studies and threat assessments;
- Magda Popescu from Facebook Dublin to discuss crisis management in a high-profile high rise;
- Shane McMahon from Horizonscan will explore practical pandemic planning.
Wednesday 7 October – International High-Rise Firefighting Conference
- Firefighters from around the world gather to discuss high-rise firefighting techniques and best practice;
- The conference will be chaired by Roy Wilsher, OBE QFSM and will include techniques, case studies, innovation and best practice;
- International speakers including Mark Reilly, Michael Reick and Brent Brooks providing case studies from Australia, Germany and Canada.
Wednesday 14 October – International Construction Fire Safety Conference
- The conference will be chaired by Martin Wilshire and will include expert insights, latest thinking, case studies and networking;
- Sandra Tomlinson HSE Inspector discusses what they are looking for in construction sites;
- Raymond O’Brocki explores the role of building and fire inspectors during construction from a US perspective.
Gerry Dunphy, Event Director said: “At a time when physical events remain restricted, this online Tall Building Conference is an exciting and important opportunity for fire safety professionals to remain engaged with their colleagues and learn from industry experts. This event coincides with some major legislative changes, particularly the Building Safety Bill which is the culmination of a lot of key trends from the last few years, so the conference is also a unique opportunity to hear expert opinion and discussion on this legislation for the first time.
“As a result, the Tall Building Conference remains on the forefront of this vital industry, and I hope to see many colleagues from across fire safety join us on this exciting online format to continue the conversation.”