Brexit: UK transition period: free HSE webinars
The HSE and the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) are hosting two virtual stakeholder events.
These events cover actions businesses need to take in preparation for the end UK Transition on 1 January 2021 when independent GB chemical regimes will be in place.
The first event will be online Wednesday 16 December 2020 followed by the second event, on Wednesday 20 January 2021.
Both events will open from 10:00am to ensure attendees have sufficient time to join the platform. The event will start at 10:15am and finish by 1.00pm.
The events will include:
- Sessions led by HSE on the Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR), Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) and Prior Informed Consent (PIC) regimes.
- Sessions led by HSE and Defra on Plant Protection Products (PPP) and Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals (REACH).
The events will be centred around business readiness, ensuring attendees are informed of the duties and obligations they need to comply with to access the GB market after the transition period ends and how these obligations can be fulfilled. The sessions will be interactive and will host a question and answer function.
A maximum of two representatives from each organisation can attend each event.
Click here for more information.
COVID-19 continues to bring unprecedented challenges for people, businesses and societies. To help you navigate the confusing and fast-changing regulations, guidance and legislation – covering not just the coronavirus pandemic, but fire and building safety and the environment – get your free copy of the October 2020 Legislation Update.
- Latest COVID-19 measures and legislation;
- Fire safety and post-Grenfell safety regime;
- Environment legislation updates;
- Latest health and safety fines and prosecutions;
- And much more...