fire and security awards
IFSEC Global opens nominations for fire and security influencers
The judging panel for the 2021 IFSEC Global Influencers in Security and Fire has been named and nominations for the awards are now open.
Designed to generate positivity across the fire and security sectors, the awards recognise the talent and efforts of some of the leading individuals tirelessly working within them.
Nominations for 2021 now LIVE for entries!
You can now make a nomination, please ensure that the most appropriate category of influencer is chosen in the nomination process, and that details of the recent work the nominee has carried out is written clearly and concisely. The process will remain open until 1 April 2021.
The judges, many of whom have been named as previous top influencers in the awards, all play prominent roles in the fire and security sectors across the globe. The panel consists of individuals from several different countries – many have additional years of overseas experience. Click here for more details about the individuals selected.
Categories for 2021 IFSEC Global Influencers
- Fire – all disciplines (UK only)
- Security executives (the senior most official in an enterprise, whose primary duties encompass leading and managing security for the enterprise)
- Security – end users (e.g. heads of security, managers of security teams)
- Security – manufacturers/vendors/installers/integrators (those displaying exemplary work in the field of installation or specific projects, as well as technological innovation)
- Security – thought leadership (e.g. association figures, academics)
- Security – One to watch (Specifically for championing the sector’s rising stars, nominees should have worked in the industry for no longer than five years)
- Cyber security professionals and thought leaders
And, for the first time ever this year, the inaugural ‘Security Influencer of the Year’ Award will be announced at the Security & Fire Excellence Awards, set to take place in London, UK in November. The winner will be chosen between the top influencers in the first five security categories listed above.
You can find out the winners of the 2020 awards, here.
How is ‘influential’ defined?
This could be anyone:
- Who has played a key role in driving technological innovation
- Who has been a driving force in changing regulation, standards/guidance or best practice in their location/market
- Someone whose insights/opinions are widely respected and which are influential in shaping debate around industry issues
- Someone who has been instrumental in the success of the organisation or business they lead or are employed by
- Someone who has helped to raise the industry’s profile or been an influential voice in the national media
Click here to make a nomination for the 2021 IFSEC Global Influencers in Security and Fire.
This article was originally published on IFSEC Global.
Fire safety in 2020 eBook – A year of challenges and change
Download the Fire Safety in 2020 eBook, from IFSEC Global and FIREX International, to keep up-to-date with the biggest stories of the year. It includes the latest legislation, Grenfell Tower Inquiry revelations and how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected professionals in the sector.